You are invited to participate in the Iowa State University Department of Music and Theater's Practice Audition Day on October 3rd, 2019!
This event is designed for juniors and seniors in high school who are considering a major in music at Iowa State University. This day will give you helpful insight into what life as a music major is like, and give you helpful practice habits as you prepare for your entrance and scholarship auditions. You'll have a chance to get one-on-one instruction from our applied faculty, observe all of our ensemble offerings, attend helpful sessions from admissions and financial aid, and participate in sessions geared towards the academic side of music study so that you are set up for success on entrance exams and upon enrollment at ISU.
Schedule of Events:
- 8:00-9:00 - Sign-in, breakfast provided in lobby;
- 9:00-9:30 - Welcome from Department Chair, Program overview, Ensembles descriptions/welcomes
- 9:30-10:00 - Admissions/Financial Aid Presentation
- 10:00-11:00 - Split Session: Q/A for Parents; Audition Tips/Life as a Music Major for Students
- 11:00-12:00pm - Lunch
- 12:00pm-1:00pm - Wind Ensemble/Choir Rehearsal Observation
- 1:00-2:00pm - Featured ISU student performances in MET
- 2:00-5:00pm - Student practice auditions scheduled with faculty
- 2:00-3:00 - Jazz Band or Opera Studio Rehearsal Observation
- 2:00-2:30 - Music Education Session
- 3:00-3:30 - Music Theory Preparation Session
- 3:30-4:00 - Keyboard Session
- 4:00-5:00 - Orchestra Rehearsal Observation
- 5:00-6:30 - Marching Band Rehearsal Observation
To register, simply fill out this form.
Questions? Email us here!