Steps for completing the music application and audition:
*Only for music majors OR double reeds/strings for non-music major scholarships
- Apply to Iowa State: application
- Create an account and complete the General and College sections in OneApp. Please contact Haylee Osmonson (email@example.com) with questions about the music application.
- Once you have submitted the General and College sections of the OneApp, look for the recommended opportunity for your instrument and complete the required questions.
- All prospective Music majors must audition. Auditions for Music majors are held February 16-18, 2023 for students wishing to enter in Fall of 2023 and are based on ability and availability in a studio. After completing the music application, please contact Haylee Osmonson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a music audition.
- Please look at the requirements for your division(s) listed below. Please contact applied professors if you have additional questions about audition materials.
If the music application and audition were submitted and completed by the necessary deadlines listed above, students will receive a letter with results from their audition on or before March 17th. Any scholarships the student may have qualified for will also be communicated at that time.
How to accept/decline offers of admission:
Those who are accepted into the Department of Music and Theatre will receive letters with the option to accept or decline their offer of admission into the department. There are two steps to accept/decline the offer of admission for music.
- Scan and send a signed copy of the music admission offer (including any scholarship contracts) to Haylee Osmonson (email@example.com) OR mail to Haylee Osmonson 149 Music Hall 2427 Union Dr. Ames, IA 50011
- Accept the offer of admission from Iowa State University
After accepting offer of admission into the Department of Music and Theatre:
- All music majors are required to take a music theory diagnostic exam during June orientation or in August prior to the start of the academic year.
- Music ensembles are comprised of both music majors and non-majors. General auditions are held at the start of classes each fall. Click HERE to learn about our many ensembles and how to participate.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-3831.