ISU Theatre’s 2020-2021 Season will be a season unlike any other!
A season of INVITATION!
A season of INNOVATION!
A season of IMAGINATION!
Our faculty and staff are in the final planning stages, and we will be announcing the full season line up in a few weeks.
In the meantime, we wanted to share our guiding principles for planning this unprecedented and extraordinary season!
- The season will provide substantial opportunities and assignments for student performers, designers, and technicians.
- The season will provide directing, design, and construction opportunities and assignments for ISU Theatre faculty and staff.
- The health and safety of students, staff, and audiences is paramount. All decisions will be based upon recommendations and guidelines from the University and public health experts.
- Each production will offer flexibility in how it can be presented (live, live streamed, recorded, zoomed, outside, etc.) to be determined by the individual production teams and in response to changing circumstances.
- All productions, no matter their format, will engage in a design process with all members of the production team actively involved.
- While adhering to university guidelines, each production team will have the freedom to collaboratively determine each individual production’s presentation format.
- This season’s bottom line will focus on fostering and increasing community capital rather than financial capital.
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Representation will continue to be valued in all season planning decisions.
The shows will go on!
You are INVITED to join us on this historic adventure of INNOVATION and IMAGINATION!
The Great Work Begins!
The full season will be announced in June!