Each summer the Iowa State Drumline offers a series of camps to help prepare both returning and potential students for their auditions. This year’s camps are yet to be determined. Last years dates:
- July 15, 2017 at 12:00pm-5:00pm
- July 29, 2017 at 12:00pm-5:00pm
- August 5, 2017 at 12:00pm-5:00pm
- There will be a BBQ following this camp for any interested in going. $4/5 dollar donation requested, but not required.
All potential members need to fill out this application. Please do so by clicking Application for Membership! – CLICK HERE!!!
Students audition for the drumline can move into their Fall housing starting Sunday, August 13th, 2017 at 9:00 AM. Students wishing to move in on Saturday, August 12th may do so at an additional cost of $50. Please contact the Department of Residence for details. If students do not make the final drumline, they will still be allowed to stay in their residence hall at no additional cost.
ISU Drumline Technique Book
This booklet will tell you some things you need to know about proper playing and marching techniques used by the drumline of the ISUCF’V’MB. Click here to download.
Dates of Audition:
- First Round Auditions: August 13th, 2017 from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Auditions Continue: August 14th, 2017
- Final Drumline Posted: August 15th, 2017 at 12:00 pm
- 50 points: Group Audition
- 30 points: Individual Auditions
- 20 points: Section Leader
You must have 80 point or more to be considered for a spot on the drumline. Even if 80 points are achieved, it is still possible for the directors to not fill a spot due to a variety of reasons: band instrumentation, drumline balance, etc.
The Final Drumline:
Band Camp: August 13th – 20th, 2017
Daily rehearsals: 5:10-6:30 pm, You must sign up for Music 114A
Morning rehearsal prior to all home games and exhibitions
Drumline rehearsals, Thursday evenings 7:00-10:00 pm
The Iowa State Drumline is a dedicated group, continuously striving for improvement. While our rehearsal and performance schedule might seem overwhelming, please remember we are also committed to having fun. We look for members with a positive attitude who are willing to work hard to deliver an outstanding performance.
Contact Luke Sesker at email@example.com