Photo Album of IOWA STATE's Bands 

A bit of the history of Iowa State Bands
First, a view of the faculty and students of Early Iowa State Bands
             Band History A
History B
  History C
History D
Beginning below, the pages show photos of the entire Music Department from 1967-1968 through 1971-1972. The majority of these images were used for the Music Department Veishea display in 1972.
Iowa State offers a
"Music Degree"
This section
shows all -
all faculty, bands,
classes, orchestra,
and choruses
Page 1                  Page 2
Page 3 Page 4 Page 5
Page 6                  Page 7
Page 8 Page 9 Page 10
Page 11               Page 12
Page 13 Page 14 Page 15
Page 16               Page 17
Page 18  Page 19 Page 20
 
Page 21               Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
 
Starting here, a view of IOWA STATE BANDS after 1972
History F
History G
Band Directors
click to enlarge
(photo from the Ames Historical Society collection - click image to enlarge)

This photo, from the late 1890s, shows an early Iowa State College Band pictured in front of Old Main.  Also pictured are the male and female drill squads and several cannon.  Seen to the right is the railroad depot (known today as The Hub) for the Dinkey, which carried passengers and freight between the college and downtown Ames. Old Main, originally known as Main or the College, stood approximately where Beardshear Hall now stands.  Until Old Main burned (in 1900 and 1902), it held nearly the entire operations of the college.  It was the residence of all faculty and students, and also housed the classrooms, the library, the chapel, museums, and dining halls.

If you have corrections or additions, e-mail alan (at) spohnheimer.com