Pope Cottage

Pope Cottage - click to enlarge
ISU photo - click to enlarge

Originally built as a residence in 1877 by Professor of Chemistry, Thomas Pope, Pope Cottage was used by the music department for classroom space since 1967.  It was located on the south side of Lincoln Way close to the intersection of Knoll Road, just east of Buchanan Hall. Today,  there are mature trees and grass where Pope Cottage had once stood, because in 1981 the structure was moved to 3974 North Dakota where it still serves as a residence.

back to Page Eleven